Our Client is looking for an experienced backend software developer to join a small Agile team. The successful candidate should be Proficient in building APIs (REST, RPC) and Experience with statically typed languages.
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, an established and expanding company operating in the High Technology sector providing various technology-driven solutions to clients, we are seeking to recruit a suitably talented and capable Back-End Developer to join their team of professionals in Nicosia.
- Compile and analyze data, processes, and codes to troubleshoot problems and identify areas for improvement.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Collaborating with the front-end developers and other team members to establish objectives and design more functional, cohesive codes to enhance the user experience.
- Developing ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Recording data and reporting it to proper parties, such as clients or leadership.
- Participating in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members.
- Produce high-quality documentation that meets applicable standards and is appropriate for its intended audience.
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed.
- University Degree in the Computer Science, Engineering or other related field.
- Proven work experience as a Back-End Developer or similar role.
- Proven working experience in technical writing of software documentation.
- Knowledge of object-oriented concepts and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of relational databases and understanding of database/data modelling concept (Experience with Postgres or similar relational databases will be considered an advantage).
- Strong knowledge of database technologies to scale for high volume web sites.
- Strong knowledge with dealing large system including logging and reporting.
- Advanced knowledge of PHP.
- Knowledge of Lavarel or other mainstream PHP frameworks.
- Knowledge of Redis.
- Knowledge and experience with RESTful services.
- Knowledge of Java/C++/Python.
- Knowledge of Rabbit MQ.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies e.g. Google Cloud/ Amazon AWS.
- Ability to quickly grasp complex technical concepts and simplify them.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good time-management skills.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Fluency in English (written and spoken).
- Write robust, testable and maintainable code
- Translate software requirements into production-ready software
- Be creative, propose smart solutions
- Assume ownership of the products you create
- Collaborate with team members and clearly communicate your work to stakeholders
- Proficient in building APIs (REST, RPC)
- Experience with statically typed languages
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP-like protocols
- SQL and database design
- Version control using Git
- Eligible to work in the EU without a work permit
- Fluent English
- Desirable skills:
- Go language and its environment
- Ability to identify and write idiomatic Go
- Go modules
- Go tooling (go test, gofmt, go vet)
- Docker and Kubernetes
- Linux shell scripting skills
- Experience with microservices
- Non-relational databases (Mongo, Cassandra)
- Messaging queues (RabbitMQ, Kafka)
- IT security culture
- Good sense of humour
- Go language and its environment
On behalf of our client, a software company based in limassol, we are looking for a Back-End Developer to join their team. The right candidate will be experienced in Scala and have experience in the same position.
- Continuous integration and continuous development of our core products
- Develop and maintain chat microservices using Scala / Akka technological stack
- Data migration, transformation, and scripting
- Liaise with developers, designers and system administrators to identify new features
- Deliver the best experience to end customers by using the best development practices
- Participate in code review and team meetings
- Follow emerging technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in CS or equivalent
- Minimum of 1-year experience in Scala
- Knowledge of Akka toolkit
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Manage hosting environment, including database administration and scaling application to support load changes
- Understand differences between multiple delivery platforms such as mobile vs desktop, and optimise output to match the specific platform
- Creating database schemas that represent and support business processes
- Passionate about functional programming
- Team worker, lifelong learner
- Good communication skills
- Knowledge of XMPP protocol
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
- Understanding of “session management” in a distributed server environment
- Intermediate or higher level of English
- Familiar with Agile / Scrum development
What we offer:
- Challenging and engaging tasks
- Professional growth opportunities
- Flexible work and leave schedules
- A competitive salary with an incentive program that rewards and recognises outstanding performance
- Opportunity to work in an open and collaborative environment
- Team bonding events