Claims Officer – Shipping – Limassol – RP920087
A leading commercial maritime transportation company are working in partnership with GRS to recruit a Claims Officer for their Limassol office. The successful candidate will have previous claims handling experience within the maritime sector or a graduate of Law looking to work in this sector. If you have the necessary skills and experience and are looking to join a company with comprehensive training and development opportunities, then we look forward to receiving your CV for this Limassol based Claims Officer position.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Calculate, prepare and invoice freight, demurrage and commercial claims arising out of contracts with oil majors and trading companies in accordance with contract terms.
- Investigate and analyse facts and data gathered from operators, vessels, port agents, surveyors, charterers et.
- Ensure strict adherence to various contractual time bar clauses – invoicing on time and gathering all supporting documents
- Control, analyse and negotiate the invoiced claims.
- Communicate with internal and external customers to ensure good cooperation and maximized cash flow.
- Dispute handling and communication via e-mail, telephone and face to face meetings for prompt settlement of claims.
- Developing and maintaining commercial relationship with customers.
- Provide on a regular basis analytical assessment of outstanding claims to management.
- Closely collaborating with other departments within the organisation, such as Chartering, Operations and Accounting in order to optimise efficiency, increase claims earnings and improve company’s cash flow
- Educated to University degree level, ideally from a Legal or Actuarial background.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- 1-2 years’ previous experience in a similar claim handling role or a graduate of Law looking to move into the maritime sector.
- Skill in reviewing contracts and negotiating on specified terms.
- Computer literate with excellent command of the Microsoft Office.
- The ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong time management skill.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Benefits include flexible working hours, medical insurance and provident fund.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Ross Pitman, [email protected] quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.