Our client is a company making game-changing STEM educational toys that help young learners become creative thinkers. They are currently looking for a Digital Business Development Manager to join their team. The successful candidate should have a minimum 10 years of experience in sales and business development.
Digital Business Development Manager
- Develop the business in 4 main axles: (1) Amazon sales as a vendor and a seller with emphasis in USA and EU and gradually to other countries, (2) Own E-commerce sales through our E-shop that will run internationally and locally in same countries, (3) New streams of revenue via business models that have subscriptions, loyalties etc. (4) Online platforms and shops in both developed countries such as WallMart.com, Target.com, Argos and in developing countries such as in China and Russia.
- To develop and supervise the digital marketing strategy that will establish the brand and help sales to grow within the online channels. These actions would be aimed in maximizing exposure and revenue by utilizing the advertising and branding capabilities within the particular channels and from outside via social media and other routes.
- Control and optimize SEO and content along with our presence in Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn (and bloggers, reviewers, affiliates etc.) and other platforms at international and local level at the countries we choose to give emphasis, initially through subcontractors and gradually by building and managing an inhouse team.
- Identify and apply for various awards and competitions.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s for the sales as well as media presence and other important aspects of the business.
- Create and maintain the company’s E-shop and website through external contractors and gradually by building an inhouse team of developers and content writers.
- Continually monitor the brand for identification of infringers and sellers who damage the market and taking actions to prevent and remedy any issues.
- Study the competition and market trends, identify opportunities and propose and implement strategies for catching up and surpassing the competition. Propose new products to the R&D team based on the market insights.
- As a manager to ensure the daily functioning of his department and group of employees.
- To hire, motivate, mentor and train new employees when needed.
- To be able to set long-term goals to ensure a company’s longevity and division’s timely fulfillment of tasks.
- To effectively communicate with the other management and convey the necessary information to the various company parties including his subordinates and fellow division managers.
- To complete administrative work such as weekly reporting and timesheet monitoring and correspond with other departments.
- To carry out project management and be able to prioritize tasks and delegate according to the department’s needs and product designer’s experience.
- As a leader, to motivate staff and help create an environment and culture where employees thrive.
- To enforce company policy to cultivate an environment that makes employees hold one another accountable for their actions.
- If new technologies or systems are introduced to business, he will organize subordinate’s and overall division’s training.
- To encourage satisfactory work and evaluate data, KPI’s and employee performance reporting to higher management.
- To make sure that the equipment, software and machinery in his division are properly maintained and serviced.
- To be able to correct and supervise the day to day work of the division employees.
- University degree in Business, Marketing or engineering with preferably an MBA.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in sales and business development.
- At least 5 years of experience in E-commerce.
- At least 3 years of experience in management position
- Excellent written and oral knowledge of English and ideally also Greek.