Our client is a leading technology and services provider in the brokerage industry. They are currently looking for a Head of legal/compliance. The successful candidate should have a legal academic background – Postgraduate diploma required from high-ranking UK or other English-speaking universities. and a deep understanding of CySEC regulations, AML/Due diligence/KYC procedures.
Head of legal/Compliance
- Manage the Company’s ongoing national and international legal
- Instruct and coordinate assigned law firms on the handling of legal proceedings and other legal matters.
- Act as the liaison between the Company and external law firms.
- Review work produced by external legal advisers, provide feedback, guidance, corrections and internal advice.
- Provide direct support and material assistance to law firms assigned to handle the Company’s legal matters.
- Perform internal investigation and evidence-gathering to support legal proceedings.
- Perform analysis of legal texts, court documents, laws, and regulations and assist law firms in handling legal matters.
- Provide detailed situation reports and updates to BOD on all matters being handled.
- Perform risk assessments, threat exposure assessments in order to issue alerts and advise on a course of action.
- Manage, coordinate and handle complaints and claims, including settlement negotiations and court proceedings.
- Handle legal matters and claims in a pre-litigation context.
- Handle all interaction of the Company with judicial and executive branches of Governments
- Legal academic background – Postgraduate diploma required from high-ranking UK or other English-speaking University.
- Fluent in English and Greek both oral and writing
- Deep understanding of CySEC regulations, AML/Due diligence/KYC procedures
- Outstanding Legal English writing skills. Candidates must demonstrate ability to produce legal texts of the highest quality, equivalent to the level required by a practicing barrister or solicitor in the UK or other English-speaking jurisdictions.
- Excellent knowledge of EU and international law
- Very good knowledge of fundamental rules of evidence
- Very good knowledge of the financial services sector, regulations, and legislation
- Very good knowledge of civil procedure, litigation, enforcement orders, injunctions
- Very good high-level and low-level management and coordination
- Ability to track multiple cases across different jurisdictions and coordinate different law firms
- Ability to investigate and obtain evidence as required for the successful handling of ongoing litigation.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, make risk-benefit evaluations and develop action plans.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position