Our client is an established investment firm based in limassol, on their behalf we are seeking an experienced Head of Legal Department to join their team. The right candidate will have excellent knowledge of EU and international law and experience in a relevant role.
Head of Legal Department
- Manage the Company’s ongoing national and international legal matters.
- Instruct and coordinate assigned law firms on the handling of legal proceedings and other legal matters.
- Act as the liaison between the Company and external law firms.
- Review work produced by external legal advisers, provide feedback, guidance, corrections and internal advice.
- Provide direct support and material assistance to law firms assigned to handle the Company’s legal matters.
- Perform internal investigation and evidence-gathering to support legal proceedings.
- Perform analysis of legal texts, court documents, laws and regulations and assist law firms handling legal matters.
- Provide detailed situation reports and updates to BOD on all matters being handled.
- Perform risk assessments, threat exposure assessments in order to issue alerts and advise on course of action.
- Manage, coordinate and handle complaints and claims, including settlement negotiations and court proceedings.
- Handle legal matters and claims in a pre-litigation context.
- Handle all interaction of the Company with judicial and executive branches of Governments
- Legal academic background – Postgraduate diploma required from high-ranking UK or other English-speaking University.
- Fluent in English and Greek both oral and writing
- Deep understanding of CySEC regulations, AML/Due diligence/KYC procedures
- Outstanding Legal English writing skills. Candidates must demonstrate ability to produce legal texts of the highest quality, equivalent to the level required by a practicing barrister or solicitor in the UK or other English-speaking jurisdiction.
- Excellent knowledge of EU and international law
- Very good knowledge of fundamental rules of evidence
- Very good knowledge of the financial services sector, regulations and legislation
- Very good knowledge of civil procedure, litigation, enforcement orders, injunctions
- Very good high-level and low-level management and coordination skills
- Ability to track multiple cases across different jurisdictions and coordinate different law firms
- Ability to investigate and obtain evidence as required for the successful handling of ongoing litigation.
- Ability to think strategically and tactically, make risk-benefit evaluations and develop action plans
- Minimum 2 years experience in similar position
- Workings Hours: 09:00- 18:00 (Monday-Friday)