IT Business Applications Manager
CareerFinders, on behalf of our client, a long-established and highly respected Banking Institution with headquarters in the heart of Nicosia, we are seeking to recruit an experienced and technically strong IT Business Applications Manager to join their expanding team of professionals. The successful applicant will have a minimum of 5+ years of experience in the full software development process, ideally within the Financial Services Sector.
- Lead the development, management and support of business applications and related data processing and reporting activities. Participate in, and lead architecture discussions.
- Planning, coordinating, directing and developing human resources of Business Applications Unit. Cooperate with Project Management office for coordination of projects related to Business Applications, prioritisation of projects/tasks and utilisation of resources of the unit in the projects.
- Management and responsibility of relationships and contract agreements with third-parties for acquisitions, services and support of Business Applications.
- IT outsourcing and procurement management for Business Applications.
- Assists in IT Capital Planning and investment: contribute to the development of IT Budget and monitoring of expenditure in areas under his responsibility to be as per budget and Bank’s purchasing policies.
- Provide assistance to the Head of IT.
- Communicating to the Head of IT incidents and problems and inform on projects’ progress.
- Participate in the development and updating of policies and procedures in areas under his responsibility.
- Ensure enforcement and compliance to the Bank’s policies and procedures.
- Maintains a strong understanding of technology and its application to achieve business objectives.
- Perform or actively participate in project management and requirements analysis tasks when required.
- Perform other IT related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field.
- Postgraduate degree is not mandatory but considered as an advantage.
- Fluent in software engineering methods. At least five years of experience in full lifecycle of software development process.
- At least five years of experience in Banking Sector will be considered a significant advantage.
- Business knowledge: Possesses an understanding of the business areas supported including their functional processes and business objective.
- At least three years of experience in managing teams.
- Knowledge of project management processes and at least three years of experience on project management.
- Possesses strong knowledge of technical areas supervised.
- Knowledge of IT functions and services.
- Strong focus on successful completion of projects and delivery of results.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail.
- Operate effectively in difficult and pressured situations .
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral (Greek and English).
- Strong Organisational skills and Human resource management skills.
- Passionate on new IT services & trends.
- Highly self-motivated, directed and change oriented.