With a strong history of success and investment in people, our client has become one of the leading players in the global construction industry. With plants in many different countries across several continents, and being listed on two European Stock Exchanges, this company is truly a dynamic, forward-thinking organization. The Group’s Holding company in Cyprus now seeks to hire a Junior Accountant for their office in Nicosia.
Why Apply? By joining our client, you become part of a company that cares for and develops its employees as well as continuously improving their good relationship with all internal and external stakeholders, always aiming for mutual respect and understanding. They believe in the power of collaboration. So if you’re interested in a company that is engaged in an on-going dialogue with local communities, universities, large and small businesses, and NGOs, then this is the place for you.
The Junior Accountant is responsible for the full function of bookkeeping duties pertaining to the business, including but not limited to debtors, creditors, petty cash and banking accounts.
- Performs necessary journal entries as appropriate
- Maintains records and perform bookkeeping/accounting for all transactions
- Ensures necessary documents are maintained, for any transactions that are accounted in the software system
- Ensures all supplier invoices are appropriately authorized for payment and captured daily
- Initiates supplier payments in accordance with instructions from Management and recording them in the SAP accounting software, in a timely manner
- Processes and captures month end journals
- Prepares bank reconciliation statements as per practice
- Maintains an orderly accounting filing system
- Captures and reconciles petty cash accounts
- Provides clerical and administrative support to management, if required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance with an emphasis in Accounting
- 2 years or more of proven working accounting experience
- Working experience in SAP ERP environment is a plus
- Computer processing skills and software knowledge including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Sharepoint
- Fluency in Greek and English
- Attention to detail and ability to organize complex information neatly and accurately
- Strong time management skills
- Self-disciplined, with an ability to learn a systematic approach to accounting
- Reliable and flexible approach to issues