Our Client is a Web Design and Online Marketing agency with offices in Limassol, Cyprus. They are looking for a Junior Web Developer. The successful candidate should have a passion for web development, be a team player and be fluent in both Greek and English.
Junior Web Developer
- Writing front-end and back-end code such as HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, MySQL
- Developing websites using open source frameworks
- Managing/Optimizing existing websites and code
- Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Internet Engineering or similar
- Ability to work autonomously and to prioritize effectively
- Ability to choose the right technologies based on project requirements
- Good working knowledge of object oriented programming principles and MVC pattern
- Good working knowledge of relational databases like MySQL
- Experience with version control systems like Git
- Excellent knowledge of the Twitter Bootstrap front-end framework
- Experience in developing with WordPress and WooCommerce will be considered an advantage.
The ideal candidate should have the following characteristics:
- Passion for web development
- Team player
- Fluency in both Greek and English
- Self-motivated and proactive attitude
- Fast learner with the ability to teach others
- Organized with attention to detail
Junior Web Developer
Our client is an award winning investment firm and commodities broker providing trading services and facilities to both retail and institutional clients. They are an authorized and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). They are looking for a Junior Web Developer to add to their existing team.
- Develops information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions.
- Provides full analysis and documentation according to the software development life cycle.
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides technical support to clients via customer support department relating to company’s web applications.
- Maintains the content of the company database as part of day to day operations.
- Manages internal tickets as requested by senior and lead members of the development team.
- Conducts a testing and implementation plan for all new software in line with company policies and procedures.
- Conducts an evaluation of new software products and their functionality.
- Provides functional and technical specifications for software.
- Troubleshoots issue that arise during the day to day operation of the business.
- Contributes to a positive and dynamic working environment.
- Carries out any further duties assigned by their line manager
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field.
- Fluency in English – extra language would be considered an advantage.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
BENEFITS A very competitive remuneration and benefits package is offered to all successful candidates including 13th salary and medical insurance, in addition to the opportunity to work within an exciting and engaging work environment where you will be given the tools and guidance to reach your full potential.