Safety and Quality Manager
Would you like to take on a new role that can really get your creative juices flowing? We are working in partnership with a company operating bulk carriers, who are currently looking for an ambitious mariner to join them as Safety and Quality Manager in their Limassol office. They solve problems and overcome challenges for a living, so positivity energy flows through their veins. Opportunities like this don’t come around too often, so you will need to be willing to give everything that you have got to make it happen and succeed.
They are looking for an experienced Marine professional who has is a certified ISM and ISPS internal auditor with the ability to listen and focus on delivering solutions. If you have extensive Bulk Carrier experience and proven experience ashore, then our client can offer an exciting career opportunity. Additionally to the S&Q function, this person shall potentially take on the DPA and CSO role as well.
Why Apply? This is a fantastic opportunity to work alongside a team of dedicated professionals and experts that are truly some of the best in their field. It’s a small close-knit team that supports each other like a family. You will enjoy working closely alongside your experienced colleagues to deliver and maintain the safety of the ships and their voyages.
- Ensuring the operation of the Company Office in compliance with the Safety Management System requirements.
- Monitoring the compliance of the safety and pollution prevention aspects of the operations on the Company’s vessel in accordance with SMS procedures.
- Managing departmental performance and budget and proposing further improvements.
- Issuing the Incident Investigation Reports and monitoring the implementation of corrective and preventive actions.
- Verifying the effectiveness of the SMS and the degree of its implementation, and submitting proposals for improving the system.
- Arranging the issuance, revision, and distribution of the SMS documentation and maintaining the SMS.
- Ensuring implementation of the SMS system ashore and onboard, and following up the efficiency of the system.
- Familiarizing the Master and C/E with the Company’s Safety Management System prior to their embarkation.
- Updating the S&Q database related to Incident/Accidents/Near Misses/Non-Conformity Reports and ensuring a timely follow-up.
- Evaluating safety-related reports received from vessels and comment accordingly.
- Following up expiry dates of the Company’s DOC and vessel’s SMCs.
- Executing the Company’s and vessel’s Internal Audits.
- Submitting the Annual Training Plan and the relevant Training budget to the Managing Director for approval.
- Arranging for discussion/evaluation of :
– suggestion for improvement made by vessels and shore personnel.
– analysis of incidents/accidents.
– analysis of Non-Conformities / Deficiencies imposed against Company and vessels by third parties.
- Preparing the Safety Management System Presentations, whenever required.
- Arranging the execution of Management Review meetings.
- Co-operating with the Company’s Security Officer for the implementation of the Company’s Security System.
- Co-operating with Head of Departments for identifying shore personnel training needs and arranging for Training Seminars.
- Ensuring that USA Plans VGP, NTVRP are updated.
- Participating in the Company’s Emergency Team.
- Ensuring the vessel’s preparation for Port State Control, Flag Inspections, and Vetting Inspections.
- Liaising with external bodies, contractors and subcontractors on matters relating to SMS requirements.
They offer a working environment where you will be challenged and given the ability to problem solve and take on responsibility. The business has a clear plan for the future and this growth period is an excellent time to join and become part of the companies legacy.