Our client is a company making game-changing STEM educational toys that help young learners become creative thinkers. They are currently looking for a Sales & Marketing Director to join their team. The successful candidate should have at least 3 years’ experience in Marketing and at least 3 years’ experience in managing a Sales team of not less than 3 people.
Sales & Marketing Director
- Active participation in the strategic planning of the company in collaboration with senior management in order to improve the profitability and operation of the business.
- Manage effectively the inhouse and external Sales & Administration personnel to achieve their objectives, implementing a CRM system.
- Manage and grow all 3 main business streams of the company, toy sales to distributors and retailers, Classroom solutions and software to schools and Ministries of Education, e-commerce sales to Consumers via own side and Amazon.
- Develop and implement a detailed Business Plan on two new strategic directions of the company, the creation of a subscription box service and the development of a network of own and franchised concept edutainment stores.
- Overview and analyse international markets, trends, consumer behaviors, financial indicators, commercial practices.
- Submit regular reports to management about activities, market presence, ongoing plans, customer development, sales volume and other important elements.
- Organize market research to understand the customers, user needs and trends and propose improvements and new products or services.
- Manage the customers effectively and forecast sales setting sales targets and objectives.
- Develop and oversea a general marketing plan, allocate relevant budget and supervise its implementation (offline and/or online).
- Organize the company’s stand at international trade fairs and other conferences.
- Set and monitor goals and success indicators for department staff.
- Collaborate with the quality assurance department, issuing required safety certificates, laboratory inspections, order inspections and other inspections.
- Work closely with the other departments such as Finance, R&D and Production to make sure that operations are streamlined and cost effective.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing a Sales team of not less than 3 people.
- At least 5 years’ experience in account management, in selling and exporting products or services ideally in the field of Toys, Technology or Education.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Marketing.
- A University degree in management or relevant to STEM fields.
- Excellent command of English language both verbal and written.
- Ability to travel abroad regularly.
- Strong negotiating skills and team building skills to ensure results are achieved on time.
- Excellent Sales, Communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organisation, planning and time-management
- Ability to work remotely and under pressure meeting deadlines.
- Ability to guide, evaluate and mentor others.