Senior Researcher – Financial Services – Limassol – RP920263
A dynamic international investment firm are working with GRS to recruit a Senior Researcher to join their team in Limassol. The successful candidate will have very good quant skills, ideally a PhD in Hard sciences/Engineering or Mathematics and a good grasp of Statistics, together with excellent all round analytical and programming abilities. We are looking for an energetic individual who has a meticulous eye for detail together with the ability to see the bigger picture and be a team player. You will be joining a team of outstanding scientists and industry specialists including graduates from the most prestigious international universities. This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-growing company that is focused on the development of the best research and trading infrastructure. If you have the necessary skills and experience, then an attractive remuneration package will be offered for this Limassol based Senior Researcher role.
Main Duties And Responsibilities
- Participate in novel financial analysis and development efforts that require significant application of mathematical modelling techniques.
- Work within the Global Research team; there is also significant interaction with the Trading and Fund Management teams.
- Development of innovative products and computational methods for our statistical arbitrage and quantitative strategies (i.e. FX, Commodities, Futures).
- Statistical analysis of portfolio risk and returns.
- Involvement in the portfolio management process and monitoring and analysing transactions on an ongoing basis.
- Degree in Mathematics, Engineering, or Science, from a top tier university.
- At least 5 years’ experience in systematic, quantitative strategy development or trading (medium-term to high frequency).
- Strong programming skills in Python (or equivalent) and another OO programming language.
- Data mining experience in the context of large datasets of time series.
- Excellent understanding about the lifecycle of model development in systematic trading – from inception and back-testing to production and execution.
- Strong, methodical problem solving and numerical reasoning skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure and have proactive approach to implementing enhancements and process improvements whilst maintaining precision.
- Ability to drive projects and mentor junior team members.
- Drive to learn and work well in a team as well as taking ownership on sub-projects.
- Experience in a similar role is a must; prior experience in systematic trading of FX will be preferred.
- SQL/relational database experience will be an advantage.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive at GRS Recruitment, only shortlisted candidates will be responded to.
To apply for this position, please email your CV to Ross Pitman ,firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the above job reference or call +357 25 342 720 for further information.