Our client is an award winning investment firm and commodities broker providing trading services and facilities to both retail and institutional clients. They are an authorized and regulated by the Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC). They are looking for a talented Software Developer to join their team.
The Bank of Cyprus Group is the leading banking and financial services group in Cyprus, providing a wide range of financial products and services which include retail and commercial banking, finance, factoring, investment banking, brokerage, fund management, private banking, life and general insurance. The Bank of Cyprus Group operates through a total of 108 branches in Cyprus, of which 11 operate as cash offices. Bank of Cyprus also has representative offices in Russia, Ukraine and China. The Bank of Cyprus Group employs 3664 staff worldwide. At 30 September 2019, the Group’s Total Assets amounted to €21.1 bn and Total Equity was €2.5 bn. The Bank of Cyprus Group comprises Bank of Cyprus Holdings Public Limited Company, its subsidiary Bank of Cyprus Public Company Limited and its subsidiaries.
- Estimate, plan, and manage all his/her own tasks to maximise value and reporting on progress.
- Collaborate closely with all the other members of the team to take shared responsibility for the overall efforts that the team has committed to.
- Analyse and implement solutions for new business requirements.
- Maintenance and support of existing systems.
- Participate in major Incidents review and takes necessary actions to ensure future mitigation of similar incidents.
- Raise impediments, risks and issues as early as possible and take appropriate actions to handle them.
- Act as a third level support during incident/problem investigation to ensure restoration of service.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related subject.
- Experience in Software Development will be considered as an advantage.
- Banking industry business understanding and experience will be considered as an advantage.
- Good knowledge of SQL.
- Good knowledge of at least one Object Oriented language e.g. Java, C#.
- Good knowledge of one modern IDE e.g. Eclipse, InteliJ IDEA, Visual Studio.
- Good knowledge of contemporary Development & Collaboration tools e.g. Jira & GIT.
- Structure Analytical and Critical Thinking.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent Written and verbal communication in both Greek & English.
- Ability to manage time, multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Ability to take initiatives and make decisions.
- Problem-Solving Skills.
The candidates will join and work with eBOS team and will have the opportunity to expand their knowledge through continuous training and guidance, to further develop new or existing software systems.
- University Degree or Master Degree in a Computer Science discipline
- Working knowledge of Windows environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Greek and English
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 and above
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.5 and above (c# language)
- Ability to work with eBOS team
- Developing new or modifying existing software applications, provide support of the Company’s products.
- Attractive salary based on experience and qualifications.
- Develops information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions
- Provides full analysis and documentation according to the software development life cycle
- Improves operations by conducting systems analysis and recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Protects operations by keeping information confidential
- Assists in crisis situations through strong collaboration with the whole I.T. function
- Provides technical support to clients via customer support department relating to company’s web applications
- Maintains the content of the company database as part of day to day operations
- Manages internal tickets as requested by senior and lead members of the development team
- Conducts a testing and implementation plan for all new software in line with company policies and procedures
- Conducts an evaluation of new software products and their functionality
- Provides functional and technical specifications for software
- Troubleshoots issue that arise during the day to day operation of the business
- Contributes to a positive and dynamic working environment
- Carries out any further duties assigned by their line manager
- BSc in Computer Science or relevant field
- 1 – 2 years’ experience in all aspects of web programming with a particular emphasis on Linux, Tornado, MySQL, PHP and Python development
- Experience in FX, gaming or similar
- 1 – 2 years RDBMS DBA experience as well as in MySQL supporting live and development environments, including MVC, OOP and PDO programming experience
- C++ and good Knowledge of OOP will be considered an advantage
- Fluency in English – extra language would be considered an advantage
- Able to work in a fast paced environment
- Experience in working with very senior and hands-on technical experts
Benefits: A very competitive remuneration and benefits package is offered to all successful candidates including 13th salary and medical insurance from day one, in addition to the opportunity to work within an exciting and engaging work environment where you will be given the tools and guidance to reach your full potential.